Freelance senior creative artworker, retoucher, visualiser, Mac IT troubleshooter and production management.
Head of Production and Senior Creative Artworker
Clients: Philips, Coca-Cola, Hamleys, Nestlé, Colgate Palmolive and Universal.
- Hands-on artworking, visualising, image creation, retouching and colour balancing.
- Building interactive PDF and presentation tools and developing client web sites.
- Managing and IT support, budgeting, planning and implementing all hardware and software upgrades for a network of 25 mac’s and servers.
Project Manager and Senior Creative Artworker
Clients: Unilever and Coca-Cola.
- Leading and project managing a team of between 6 to 12 full time and freelance senior artworkers.
- Hands-on creation and management of over 1200 artwork builds and releases per year.
- Project development and implementation with clients and suppliers, involving strategic brand planning and development, initial client briefings and stretching known technological constraints and boundaries.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing new internal production and artworking procedures.
- Part of the senior management team.
Studio Manager and Senior Creative Artworker
Clients and Brands: ABF: Ryvita, Crackerbread, B&Q, Dairy Crest, Gerber: Libby’s Organics Juice, Fruit Passion Fairtrade Juice, UmBongo and; UmOgnob, Kalido, The Little Big Food Company, LTA (The Lawn Tennis Association), Nelsons, Nestlé: Nescafé, Sun-Pat, Gales, Crosse and Blackwell, Nesquik, Herta, Rowntree’s, Suchard and Yoplait/Weightwatches.
- Visualising 2D & 3D images, high resolution image creation, retouching and colour balancing.
- Building websites and interactive CD Roms. Including the full implementation of the www.livevolcano.co.uk web site.
- Managing and training a team of 3 artworkers and a member of the executive management team.
- IT manager and support for the network of 20 mac’s and 5pc’s, including all telecommunications.
Studio Manager and Artworker
Clients: Esso, Proctor & Gamble, Renault, Ford, Peugeot, McDonalds, Virgin.
- Creation of visuals, NPD, designs and artwork, including retouching, illustration, design layouts.
- Full IT systems support for network of 10 Macs.
Print Centre Manager and Artworker
The Lewisham Print Centre provided a high quality printing and design service, offering a complete design and print service. Neil managed print centre with five staff and IT system support.
Education and Qualifications
1984 to 1986
B/TEC Higher National Diploma in Three Dimensional Design
Sheffield City Polytechnic, Sheffield
1982 to 1984
Datec National Diploma in General Art & Design
Barnet College of Further Education, Barnet, London
1977 to 1982
St Marys C.E School
Hendon, London NW9
Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Acrobat CC, Adobe Bridge CC, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6, Adobe Flash CS6, Apple Keynote, Pages, Numbers, Microsoft Office 364, ArtPro, Apple Remote Desktop, Apple Workgroup Manager, Parallels Desktop 5, Filemaker Pro 6.
Over 20 years of user experience and IT support for Apple Mac studio networks, up to and including the latest OSX and managing company wide networking, servers, email servers, internet solutions and communication systems.